Growing up I always loved the idea of wanting the “simple things in life.” Every year for my birthday or Christmas I begged both of my parents for chickens because my dads friend had them and I thought they were the best! I was brought up with a garden, being barefoot around the house and even outside! To this day I will still go barefoot even in the snow to get my mail!
I want to be intentional in almost every aspect of life and I feel like now that I am getting older the “stuff” doesn’t mean anything. I want to still live my preppy life but have a lot more simple. I am not only being intentional of my relationships but also my health and what goes in my body.
So you’re probably thinking how in the sam heck am I suppose to be intentional in my relationships.
For me it’s:
- I’m not dating just to date I’m dating with intent of this most likely will be someone I marry I’m not here for the one night stands which to me equals to dating with a purpose.
- Another way I want to be intentional is making most of my day= being present.
- Taking meaningful single trips with Kendal
- I’ve always cared about what goes in my body but even more doing more of the holistic approach of clean living and not using toxic makeup or knowing the ingredients and being able to pronounce them.
- I’ve been recently listening to this couple’s podcast and there marriage is actually what I want and admire and try to incorporate what they do. There podcast is called Behind The Scenes Podcast with Jeremy and Audrey Roloff and they are people I admire as individuals and as a couple. I read their book Love Letter Life for people who are single, engaged, or married and that opened my eyes as a Christian.
- I started being more intentional of who I date and I started making a folder on Evernote of Dear Future Husband and im writing letters to my future husband and when I am writing I’m praying to God on who that is.
- If you know me you know I love Maine and I got 100 acres I am so happy with my garden, cows, chickens, 3 dogs, and being barefoot I am more content there then being all “dolled up”
- I am also being more intentional about work= brands, blogging, creating my Etsy, and being an accountability coach along with knowing that I want to be a stay at home mom this is why what I’m doing now.
- Doing a lot more things with family and knowing that at some-point the memories are the only things I have = no regrets
- I’ve been living with no regrets since I’ve been gone I was in the moment= I couldn’t be on my phone
- I am so thankful that I am able to be more intentional and be able to live a “simple life”
- Do things for you= Journal thoughts, feelings, what you did today, what could have changed, what’s one thing God put on your heart?
Ask yourself these 5 questions:
What do you want more of in your life?
What do you want less of in your life?
What do you want to experience?
How do you want to feel?
What matters to you?