Happy Friday y’all and happy first Friday of September! A lot of things are happening this month get ready cause its fall y’all but not yet it certainly feels like it though. What are some things you’re looking forward to this month is it pumpkin everything or apple everything? Sweater weather or shorts this month? I am happy to be back after 3 1/2 months of being away!! XX
1. What is the most helpful strategy that you’ve developed throughout the course of the pandemic in order to keep your spirits high, and stay as optimistic as possible? Is it a thought process, a certain activity, or remembering a piece of advice you were given by a family member or close friend?
I think the most helpful strategy that I’ve developed through the pandemic to keep my spirits high was spending less time watching the news I liked having my “bubble” of going to Maine and escaping the world. I did a lot of cooking/baking which became my therapy I was not only cooking for myself but for others and it became something I did everyday and if I was sitting in class bored I would bake while being in class. One of my mentors said to me was Control What You Can Control.
2. If you could share any piece of advice with a close friend about anything, what do you feel would be the most meaningful one to share with them?
This is a loaded question but if I am going to be honest it would be Live Laugh Love. I was in first grade and my Memere gave me a a 3 ring necklace that said Live Laugh Love and she told me I want you to Live every moment, I want you to Laugh through life, and I want you to Love life and everyone around you. In tough moments I just remember to tell myself those three words because we have a choice either give in or give up.
3. What would you consider to be your “escape” from the stresses of everyday life?
Honestly its Maine but I don’t get to go up there everyday. I really enjoy doing DIY projects or planting things. I am really enjoying writing letters to future self or even my future husband. I love the idea of taking time away from school, work, news anything going on social media. If you guys are interested I can talk about distressing and taking time for yourself and how do it with being intentional let me know?
4. It is said that everything in life happens for a reason, regardless of whether it was good or not. Would you agree or disagree with that?
Yes, I do agree with this I have always said I am a firm believer of everything happens for a reason because we grow through what we go through good or bad. We have a choice in life to either victimize and complain or we can look at the glass half full and say wow I did that. The choice is yours.
5. How did you get into blogging? What was your inspiration to start this work?
I got into blogging because of my ex I actually talk about it in an earlier post but if your knew here welcome I got into blogging because of my ex at the end of 2020. My inspiration was because a lot of you guys who follow me on Instagram saw me posting about Maine, cooking/baking, DIY projects and I thought I should help others who are curious about me. It’s the best job in the whole world.
6. What has been the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The most challenging thing right now is planning between content and school. A lot of people at first were not supportive and thought it was just a “faze” and proving yourself to brands and people who want to invest in you along with your content.
7. What has been the biggest difference in your life since starting a blog?
The biggest difference now is that my life is no longer really private which is something I’ve gotten used to however I choose this life. Its definitely weird when you guys tell me you read a blog post or saw me reference something from my blog.
8. What are some of your strengths that you would say have really helped you as a blogger?
There are a lot of strengths that have helped and I even developed more strengths as I have grown into a blogger. Some of the strengths are having a thick skin and not letting the little comments dictate my life, another strength is that you’re gonna have to put yourself out there and be ok with it. Understand that people are people we can’t change them.
9. How do you manage time to run your blog in a way that is efficient, and rewarding for both you, and your readers?
Plan, Plan & Plan is how I manage my blog efficiently so I am giving not only myself satisfaction but I am also being thoughtful about my readers and the content I’m talking about. I try to keep it short and sweet and to the point because I wanted to be more intentional about the content I am putting out.
10. What is the biggest self-improvement goal for yourself in the coming year.
This is such a good question because we all know I love my goals but for me this upcoming year would be focus on me and what I want. We get caught up into the social media world, friends, life, and focusing on my school. I want to make sure I am healthy and making everyday count.