Happy Monday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and getting ready for Thanksgiving! Pretty soon we will be decorating for Christmas I love Christmas time. I am hoping we get a white Christmas this year. I wanted to share my favorite all time pie crust recipe just in time for Thanksgiving
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold vegetable shorting
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- Pulse the flour, shortening, sugar, vinegar and salt in a food processor until it looks like fine meal.
- Add the butter and pulse until it is in pea-size pieces. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup ice water and pulse until the dough begins to come together.
- Pinch the dough with your fingers; if it doesn’t hold together add up to 4 more tablespoons of ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulse again.
- Divide the dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pat each into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm at least 1 hour or preferably overnight or freeze up to 2 months.
I hope everyone enjoys this pie crust recipe just in time for Thanksgiving let me know what your favorite pie is!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and is gonna enjoy some quality family time cause I know I will be. XX